Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 2014 US Weekly Birchbox Unboxing!

For those of you who don't already know, Birchbox is pretty much the first beauty subscription box there was, and has been around for awhile. Like one of my other favorites, Ipsy, it's just $10 a month and they send you 4-5 samples of higher end products so you can try them out before you purchase them! I've been subscribed for three months now, and my favorite part of the Birchbox program is that as you receive items, you can review them and then receive points towards anything in their store. 100 points =$10, so it's pretty great. If you'd like to subscribe feel free to use my referral link RIGHT HERE!
This month's Birchbox partnered with US Weekly to bring us the latest and greatest brands, so they say, and this is what I received....
**Spoiler Alert!**

First Look at what is inside my box: 

I really like these little inserts they use in the boxes to let you know what everything is and how much it is full price. It's super helpful and I wish Ipsy would do something like this!

First up is the Agave Healing Oil Treatment. I received a pretty small little packet sample of this stuff. I haven't used it yet, but my hair is pretty fried, so I'm definitely going to give it a whirl. The only thing I am concerned about is that the sample is pretty small and I have really long hair. Not sure if it's going to cover as much hair as I'd like it to! We will see I suppose! 
Full Size: $24-$40; My Sample Value: $1.33

Next up is Benefit's Fake Up. I was super excited to receive this until I learned how TINY the sample was. This resulted in Hatemail from me to Birchbox. That being said, I've been dying to try this, and I have now, and I really really love it. It provides great coverage, without being too cakey like some concealers can be. 
                         
See. Very tiny.
Full Size: $24; My Sample Value: $2

Next I received Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner. I love any product that is supposed to reduce pores if you haven't noticed so I was pretty excited to get this, and I'd never tried the Dr. Brandt brand before. Plus the sample wasn't as tiny as all the others. I've used this two days in a row and I don't really see a difference in my pores... With or without foundation over top. It does have a nice formula though and leaves my skin very smooth.
Full Size: $45; Sample Value: $11.25

Next I received an OPI Sheer Tints Topcoat Mini in Be Magentale With Me. This is definitely not the color I would have picked for myself, but I was intrigued to try it nonetheless. Unfortunately, I didn't see any difference when I used it over my current nail polish, which is the color you see on that thumb in the picture! Probably wouldn't purchase this item, but fun to try. 
Full Size: $9; My Sample Size: $2.25 ish

Last, and definitely least if the tiniest sample ever to be given to me in a sub box. This is ridiculous to me that this could even be included as an item. They claim it was a "Bonus" to go with the fake up but whatever man. Lame excuse. I received Benefit's Big Easy. A card sample no less, with hardly enough product for ONE application. From what I could tell by using it, its a liquid to powder foundation and it's pretty weird... I kind of liked it though as it seemed to last all day and made my complexion pretty even. I'm still pissed about this tiny sample though. Meet Big Easy. Not released yet, except on Birchbox.
Makes me want to find Birchbox Headquarters and punch someone. lol
Full size: $38 but you get 35 Birchbox Points and a free deluxe Porefessional Sample
My sample size, however much the paper cost.

SO that is my birchbox for February. Kind of bummed since this is my birthday month, but at least I got some items that I actually like. The Dr. Brandt sample is worth kind of alot which makes up for everything else not really being much. Total Value of my box is $16.83. Kind of not that awesome... but Hey I will still be receiving my 50 points which will leave me with like 400 something! woo

Again! If you want to sign up for Birchbox USE MY REFERRAL LINK HERE! :D I think it's fun to get surprise makeup in the mail every month. Who's with me! 
What did you get in your box this month if you're subscribed??
Hopefully my box will be worth more next month!
Xx Ashley C.

No comments:

Post a Comment