Monday, February 17, 2014

Butter London Marshalls HAUL!

So I randomly decided to go to Marshalls the other day in the middle of a unexpected TN blizzard, and found a serious nail polish deal!! Never in a million years did I think there would be Butter London at a place like Marshalls, but they were there, and they were there CHEAP! I picked up each of these for a mere $6.99 a piece, which is way less than the $15 regular price tag.  I also grabbed a bottle of OPI Nail Envy for Sensitive and Peeling nails for $7.99 so that was over half off as well. I haven't tried it yet, since I'm still testing out Butter London Horsepower, but I will let you know when I do! I've put together a couple swatches for you since I got these!  Hope you enjoy!

First up is Butter London's Jack the Lad. I've been wanting this color ever since I found out about the Butter London Brand!  It's a Moss green shimmer, and definitely a one coater!  Who doesn't love a one coater?! Two if you're like me and do one more for good measure!  :)  Here's a quickie swatch I did on break at work!

Next, I decided to use Butter London Thames & Butter London Scallywag together for a cute, blue and green mani! To me, Scallywag is reminiscent of Julep's Carly and similar to Zoya's Liberty, but without as much texture as Liberty, since it's part of their Pixie Dust line (which btw I have added a link to the Summer 2013 Pixies which are only $7.19 at amazon with free shipping! They're normally $9 plus shipping). Scallywag is described as a full coverage turquoise glitter in a clear base. I used it over Thames and again I only had to do one coat for complete coverage! Thames is also really really beautiful. I love green nail polish first of all, and I love anything shiny too so it's a double win. It's described as a soft, blue green polish with a small undercurrent of gold. I guess the gold is what makes it so shiny. Anyway here's my mani!

Lastly, I purchased Butter London No More Waity, Katie. This one I was on the fence about because it looks kind of weird in the bottle. I think it's going to be passed on to a friend, but some of you may really like it! It's not something I would normally wear for sure. It's described as a soft, lilac glitter,  but I find it to be a bit more on the grayish side with purple glitter just hanging out in it. Here's a swatch of it too for your viewing pleasure! :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I did!  I love that my Butter London collection us slowing growing larger because they make such GREAT polishes!  As far as I can tell all the ones I own are 1-2 coats for full coverage, but I guess you get what you pay for!  At $15 full price, they're not cheap, but if you can score a deal like I found, definitely scoop some up because they are so worth it!

Up next is my Pretty and Polished beauty box for March!  I'm really really excited to share this with you all, and I have subscribed for a three month subscription so there will be one every month until May! And THERE MIGHT possibly some special swatches of two of Pretty & Polished's new color changers that will be released very soon! Have an awesome Monday!
Xx Ashley C.

No comments:

Post a Comment