Saturday, September 6, 2014

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette 2 Review and Swatches!

Tonight I am going to catch up on some posts that I've been meaning to do OUTSIDE of my Tomoson posts! :) Last week I finally decided to go ahead and use up some of my Birchbox points and one of the things I bought was the Coastal  Scents Revealed 2 Palette! I received a sample of four of the colors awhile back and absolutely fell in love. There's a color in there that reminds me of my favorite Urban Decay shadow ever, so I was pretty much instantly sold!!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about or what Birchbox is, it's a monthly subscription program where you receive higher end samples to try out and review for points. Every 10 points equals a dollar, and they add up! They also have the best customer service  out of anyone program I've ever contacted, and if they screw up, they pay you in points. It's rare, but it happens. If you're interested in learning more about Birchbox, you can look through my site for my review of my monthly boxes or visit their website HERE! You can also sign up there by using my referral link, which would be awfully sweet of you.

Anyway, on to what I purchased! Here's some pictures I took for reference!


Overall, I am THRILLED with this palette and will definitely be getting the original Revealed palette ASAP. This one has a mix of matte and shimmers, with little to no fall out. In my experience, they go on smooth and buttery, not chalky at all. They're also highly highly pigmented and blend beautifully. On to swatches!
Here's the top row, from left to right. I love all of them. They're all perfect for every season and nice and neutral, but I like that version 2 has more pink tones. I'm really into the whole cut crease thing right now so these are basically great for that, and your regular highlight colors.
Here's the bottom row from left to right. I'm really into the shimmery brown ones, since when I'm not doing a cut crease that's basically all I use. I also like the matte mauvey colors alot, and the black is great because a little goes a looong way!

Let's not forget the brushes!! If you're going to get either Coastal Scents Revealed Palette, definitely get the one with the brushes because they are AMAZING. I'm probably going to get a set of their brushes now just because they're so affordable and literally work as well as my MAC brushes. LOVE THEM!

AND last but not least here is the makeup look I spent entirely too long making for this post. I used a bunch of colors from the palette & don't really remember which ones though... my bad! :)
I never wear brown eyeliner or a nude lip, but I felt it was appropriate. If you have any questions about any of the other products I used, feel free to ask! Or maybe if my nails hold up for the post I'll just tell you. :)
One notable fact, I have a ton of acne lately, and thanks to Tomoson I found a brand new AMAZING concealer that is going to be reviewed very, very soon on here.
I used Elf's Studio Primer & Sealer as my eyeshadow base which is my new LOVE.
It makes the shadow stay on forever and perfectly matches my skintone! I love it!
This isn't the greatest photo because I look all grumpy, but It shows all the makeup. I don't normally wear all this makeup, but mostly it's alot of bronzer (Hoola & Too Faced) and blush. :) I think the eyeshadow look is a perfect transition into fall makeup, which is my favorite.

Final thoughts, I will be buying every single one of these Revealed Palettes that ever exist. I love this one and as soon as I get 200 more Birchbox points it will be mine mine mine. So again, if you want to help CLICK HERE for a referral then you can earn points to get awesome stuff like the revealed 2 palette for free too!

BUT that's not all I got with my 500 points. More on that later :)
Xx Ashley C.

No comments:

Post a Comment