Sunday, September 8, 2013

Easy everyday makeup tutorial!

This is how I wear my makeup literally every single workday so I figured I might as well share what I do. I'm definitely no pro so bare with me!

First I apply primer to my face (I've been using Julep's Black Canvas primer which is so-so) and also to my lids (for this I use Sephora Perfecting eyeprimer). That way my makeup stays on as long as possible and my eyeshadow doesn't crease! :) Then I use Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream as foundation, and conceal all the imperfections and dark circles with whatever concealer I can find. I probably really need something for puffiness as you can see in the picture below!

Primed and ready to go!


Next I apply my blush. I've recently developed a love for blush after receiving Nyx Cream blush in my ipsy bag a few months back. It's really easy to blend just the way you want it and stays on all day.

After my face is done I start on my eyes. I like to use a smaller flat brush for my shadows and use a goldish color to completely fill in my lids. I have really big eyes and really like to play with eye makeup as you will see! :)

Then, I apply a darker brownish shimmer color in the crease and blend it in really well, usually with a round shadow brush. 
Tiddle says Hi! 
I then add a highligher color up to my brows and blend it in to the darker brown. I sometimes use Benefit Watt's Up for this but today I just stuck to the colors in my Kat Von D True Romance palette in Saint. It is my favorite neutral palette. All the colors blend really well and stay on all day. 


The next step is to apply your eyeliner. I've been using the Cailyn gel liner in Iron that I received in my Ipsy bag a few months ago. It is a nice dark grey color and I'm out of black so it works. :) I apply it to the top and to the water line and like to get a nice thick line and sometimes even do winged liner.

Then I apply two thick coats of Benefit's They're Real Mascara. It makes your eyelashes super long and I've never had any problems with clumping whatsoever. 

Here's what it looks like so far.

Next, I use a brow pencil to make my brows a little more even and give them a little more arch. Then I use the Chella highlighter pencil underneath them. 

The very last step is lips. I am really big into lip gloss, especially pink lip gloss, and I like to use everything from my ipsy bag, so I've been using Starlooks lip liner in Tickle Me Pink. Then I use Julep's Sweet Loraine lipstick from the Paris Jazz lip trio. On top of all of that I add Sephora's Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Pin-Up Pink. I know that's alot of gloss but I just LOVE IT!

And VOILA! That's my everyday makeup look and here is the finished product. 









No comments:

Post a Comment