Friday, September 13, 2013

Comic Book Nail Tutorial!

I am so thrilled about this tutorial right now. A friend of mine sent me this idea on Pinterest and it is so so cool! I'm going to show you how to do a comic book/cartoon mani!!

For this mani I used:

  1. Sinful Colors - Black on Black
  2. Julep - Korin
  3. LA Color's Color Craze - Aquatic 
  4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Sunkissed
  5. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Fuchsia Power
  6. Sinful Colors - Candy Coated
  7. Seche Vite Top Coat
You can use any colors you want for this, just make sure and use a shiny black and super bright colors for the other colors to make sure they show up over the black. I tried to use a red at first but it was too see through.

First you need to paint all of your nails black and let them dry!


The next part is kind of tricky. Paint on rounded square or oval blobs of colors over the black depending on the shape of your nails. I prefer the square look for this and it's what I used. Some of the colors I picked I had to do two coats of and ende up painting up too far. I had to go back and do a black line at the top of my nail but you can't really tell in the end result. Just make sure it is in the center of your nail and you have black around all the sides. :)

After the colors are completely dry you want to get your white and a small thin brush and paint on little upside down explanation marks on the sides. Make sure and do it all on the same side on each nail so that it looks like light is hitting your nails. You can also do a "j" shape and a dot at the bottom. You can adjust size depending on how dramatic you want them to be. I probably will do mine a little bigger next time, and leave more black.Then apply your topcoat and you're done!!




This is actually some of the easiest nail art that I've done. There aren't alot of tiny lines and I really like that because I'm horrible at them. PLUS it looks good on short nails!!! Let me know what you think!







No comments:

Post a Comment