Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Leopard Nail Tutorial!

So let me start this off by saying I'm an all things leopard/cheetah/animal print in general JUNKIE. Leopard nails are my favorite kind of nail art to do because they look super cute and they are so so easy.
Here's a tutorial for those of you who don't know how to do it!

For this I used:


The best part about this look is that you can use pretty much any colors that look good together. I also like to do rainbow leopard nails because they remind me of Lisa Frank things and it brings me back to my childhood. :) Sorry in advance my cuticles look SO bad and by the time I realized it I had wet nails and couldn't get in my purse to find my cuticle oil!

  1. The first step is to apply your base colors. I did three coats of Kathleen to make sure it was not see through at all and two coats of Drew.
  2. Next you paint on the spots with your regular nail brush where ever you want the leopard spots to be. They don't have to be perfect because in order for it to look like true leopard print they need to be irregular. 
  3. After that if you want glitter on your spots, go ahead and put it on the dots you painted after you finish your second hand when they are kind of dry.
  4. The next step is to add the black around the spots. You don't want them to all look the same so I do some of them with two lines on either side of the spot, some of them with three and do some parts thicker than others that way it looks more like real leopard print.
  5. Last, after your nails are kind of dry add your top coat! I wait until mine are drier just because I have shrinkage problems with Seche Vite.... I will probably be trying out a new topcoat soon. I feel like it defeats the purpose of having a fast dry topcoat if its just going to shrink and look ugly the next day. :/



    But yeah! That's all there is to it! Super easy, Super cute leopard mani!
    Hope you enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment