Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birchbox April 2014 Unboxing & Review!

I got my Birchbox pretty late this month, but I'm thrilled to finally bring a review to you!
For those of you who don't already know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription program bringing you 4-5 deluxe sample size/full size products for only $10 a month based on your profile! It's a great way to test out new products and I have found MANY that I LOVE and would have never bought otherwise! If you'd like to sign up, please use my link HERE! :)

The theme for April's box is Rainy Days, which is pretty cute in my opinion. I love my box this month!
Here's a first look!
Spoiler Alert if you keep reading! 

I love how BB adds cards that detail all of your products. Here is mine (click for a larger view):

This month I received:

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
  • Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream Sample
  • Color Club Gala Gems Collection mini polish
  • Paula's Choice Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
  • Kind Healthy Grain Bar Sample
This month they also sent everyone a rainy day tip card, which is pretty cute. Birchbox is great at adding cute little things just to spice up your box a bit. It's like crazy weather here today too which is appropriate.
I received tip 30 to brighten my rainy day. 
Tip 30 of 52: "Grab a friend and get mani-pedis at your favorite salon. You have to catch up on all your US Weekly reading, after all."
I like the tip enough, and maybe I'm just over critical, but I don't like sneaky advertisements for US Weekly, which I don't read. However I do like mani-pedis! But I do them myself! ;) 
They also put in a card for their new Birchbox Aces program! I think it's going to be pretty cool. Here's a little rundown of what it entails in case you don't already know! 
  • Earn 500 points in a calendar year and receive VIP treatment. However, only certain kinds of points count. Those include: Points from purchases on Birchbox.com, friend referral points, product review points from your boxes, and additional promotional offers, such as when they offer extra points on purchases with a code. Points rewarded for a mistake, however, will not count like if you get something broken and they give you points in return. I think that rule stinks! But only because I would have 500 points already but instead I only have 300. :)
Once you get into the Aces program here's what you get:
  • Free standard shipping on all orders and automatic free 2 day shipping on $100+ orders
  • One on One consultations to help you find exactly what product you're looking for.
  • Exclusive shop offers and early access
  • Anniversary gifts! (love this one) Special gift on your 1 year anniversary of being a BB Ace.
  • Other surprises! They don't really elaborate on this, but it says you "may" get surprise gifts year round
OKAY so now that I'm done writing about BB Aces, back to the good stuff. Here's a breakdown of what I received in my box this month, and a first look at my products!


First up is a TINY sample of Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream
Full Size: $32 / Sample Value est. $2
This is the only sample I'm not super thrilled about. I already have a full size CC cream that I use and love, and this tiny sample is only enough for like 2 uses. If anyone's tried it, I'd love to know your opinions.

Next: Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Full Size: $22 / Sample Value est.  $7
I actually already use this stuff and LOVE it. This is the only brow gel I've ever used, and when I first got it from Ipsy months ago, I was like Brow Gel? Why would I need that. Well here's why. It keeps your brows PERFECT all day long, and makes powder stay on all day too. 

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
Full Size: $24/ 1oz Sample Value: est. $7.25 
I've never used a gel exfoliant before but was pretty excited to try this once I figured out what it was. It is definitely a different experience and I'm excited to see what it does for my skin. I have this one really annoying dark spot and I'm hoping that it clears it up! I also hope it evens out my skin which has been pretty acne prone lately! Great sample and a great value!

Color Club Gala's Gems Collection mini in "Breakfast At..."
Full Size Collection: $13/ Mini Value: $3.25
I personally can never have enough nail polish so I was stoked to get this. Especially stoked because it was the exact color I was wanting. It's a really soft pearly green color and is perfect for Spring. I would have a better swatch, but unfortunately it chipped after the second day! :( Only complaint.

KIND Healthy Grain Bars in Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt
Full Size box of 15: $11.88/ Sample Value $.80
While this product has a pretty low value, it sounds like a delicious flavor. I don't love getting food in my Birchboxes though, I find it to be a bit annoying. I'd much rather get a drugstore makeup item or something. I'll try it though, as I like pumpkin seeds!

So that is my April Birchbox! I am pretty pleased with it as I've already said. It's total retail value comes out to be around $20, which is a killer deal considering I get $5 back in points for the shop! Again, if you like what you see and would like to sign up, please use my referral link HERE! And if you already subscribe, what did you get!!?

Xx Ashley C.











No comments:

Post a Comment