Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 "Beauty Rocks" Unboxing & Review

So I decided not to cancel my Ipsy subscription after all, and I'm actually pretty glad that I didn't. This month's bag was REALLY good compared to all the other bags so far in 2014.
If you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, feel free to use my referral link HERE!
I'm not going to go into to the story of Ipsy this time, because I've don't countless posts before but for $10 a month you really can't beat it! I love testing new products, and I've found SO many that I love because of them.

Here's a first look:
The theme for April is "Beauty Rocks". I'm not totally sure how they come up with their themes, it doesn't really seem to correlate with what is in the bags, but mostly just the bags themselves. Either way, the bag is pretty big and kind of cute compared to some of the one's I've received lately. This is my 11th month with Ipsy.
This month I received:
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide on Eye Pencil in "Black Velvet"
  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion
  • Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow in "Champagne"
  • Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lip Gloss in "Berry Me"
  • St. Tropez Gradual plus Anti-Aging Multi Action Face
Like I said I'm pretty pleased with this months Ipsy bag. This is the first month this year that I've loved every single product. I have tried all of them so far so here is a quick overview of my thoughts.

First up, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil Travel Size Value: $15 (estimate)/ Full size $20
If you read my blog regularly, you know I don't really love pencil eyeliners. However, Urban Decay glide on liners are the exception. They are great and highly pigmented and go on with ease. They last literally all day and are GREAT pencil liners. I'd definitely purchase this in a full size version.

Up next is Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion Value: $9 (estimate) Full Size $78
I recently have fallen in love with this brand. They are pretty expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion. I use Pores no More regularly and love it, and tested out this product tonight. It left my skin feeling very clean, and much less dry than I started off with. It's like my winter skin just went away. It hurt a little but while scrubbing, but no pain, no gain. 
Up next: Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow FULL SIZE VALUE: $12.99!
I love getting full size products in my bags. I was excited to receive this as well, and have been using it about three days. It's a great color for your lids or as a highlight, and is highly pigmented and I love it. Elizabeth Mott is a brand that I have only received through Ipsy, and I love the mascara as well.
Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lip Gloss FULL SIZE VALUE: $10!
YAY for another full size product. Finally Ipsy has sent me lipgloss instead of stupid lipstick which I have way way too many of. I'd never tried Mary Kay before so I was excited to test this out. It's a pretty red sheer-ish color and I really like it. It will be great for summer and isn't overly sticky.
St. Tropez Gradual Tan plus Anti-Aging Multiaction Face Trial Size Value $10 (estimate)
I usually use the Jergens self tanner or the Walmart version, so I was happy to receive something that is specific for my face. I'd never tried St. Tropez before or even heard of it but I'm pretty pleased. I've been using it at night and can't speak for the anti-aging properties of it just yet, but it isn't greasy and has a pleasant smell. I think I may be a teensy bit tanner too.

And here's some swatches of the liner and eyeshadow for your viewing pleasure! But you can't really see the shadow on my hand, but I promise it's really pretty.
And here is an extra of my new blonde hair and what the eyeliner looks like on!

Total bag estimated value: $56.99! In my opinion that is an AWESOME deal for what I paid! $10!!!

So again, If you want to sign up for Ipsy, please use my referral link HERE!
And here are the coupons for the month of April that come with your Ipsy subscription!

So that's it people! A great Ipsy month in my opinion so make sure and sign up! Next month is my 1 year anniversary and I've gained so many AWESOME things with my subscription!
Until next time,
Xx Ashley C.

No comments:

Post a Comment