Sunday, November 10, 2013

Top Ten Lip Items! What in my bag?

Hello my lovelies! I am very excited to announce that I have added my good friend Chynel as a contributor to the blog! She loves makeup almost as much, if not MORE than myself, and I'm very excited to see what she has to bring to us at 2 Girls 1 Blog!! She should be reviewing her Julep Gem Collection (that I am totally jealous of) she recently received today or tomorrow. I guess that technically makes us 3 girls 1 blog, but since Nicole is more of a guest poster, I think it's going to work out just fine. I'm a firm believer that more content = a better blog, and it will take a lot of stress away from me.

Side comment: Nicole, you will probably be mad at me, but I want to be successful and provide as much wonderful content to our blog as possible. I think you will ultimately be pleased with my decision.

Onward to the fabulous lip goodies!!! I always carry around a minimum of one of my Ipsy bags filled to the brim with lipstick and gloss where ever I go. I love being glossy almost as much as I love eyeliner.

Love them!

I'm going to start with Maybelline's Baby Lips in Pink Punch. This is hands down my favorite lip balm of all time for a few reasons. First, it really is awesome at moisturizing your lips. Baby lips gets rid of my chapped lips in just a few days. Second, the color is gorgeous! It's the perfect baby pink color, not too bright and bold for those that are scared of intense colored lips. It's a color that is probably better suited for spring or summer, but I'm not going to lie I use it year round. You can purchase it here!


Next, is my all time two favorites to use together. I like to use them alone as well, but together they make the perfect combination. First is Sephora's Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Pin Up Pink. I love Sephora's lip gloss, and it comes in tons of  great colors. I've owned a couple of colors in the past, and I think the shimmery ones are really great too. They have just the right amount of shimmer, and they aren't overly sticky. This color has no shimmer, it's just the perfect, baby pink gloss that isn't too bright and isn't too sticky. The other product in the photo is Sexy Mother Pucker by Soap & Glory in Candy Gloss. This product is a plumping gloss, and I love love love it. I've been using it for years to give my lips more of a full look and it works wonders. Plus it leaves you with a great tingle feeling and it's pretty much addicting. You can buy Sephora's lip gloss here, Sexy Mother Pucker here.


These next two lipsticks are part of Julep's Paris Jazz trio. They're described as "silky little lip colors inspired by the roaring 20's". When these came out Julep was boasting about how they were the most moisturizing lip colors ever, I don't really see that. What I do see, however is how lovely these colors are. The top photo is "Lady in Red", which I often use for date nights with my husband. It is a completely Matte bright red color and is great. The bottom is "Sweet Lorraine", which I like to wear to work with my Starlook's Tipsy lip pencil. It's a bubblegum pink very sheer lipstick. I wish they came in full size and individually! Get them here!


These next two are my go to lipsticks for fall this year. The one on the top is Mirabella's Posy, which in the swatch is on the left. It's part of their color sheers collection, and I can't find it on their website, but you can buy it here. It looks quite a bit darker on my lips than this swatch and is a really nice reddish, pinkish sheer color. Perfect for work or a night out. It is also SUPER moisturizing because it's made with a mango butter base. I did notice I had to reapply it more than usual. The other color is Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita, which has been my favorite for years. I got this sample from Sephora, but I also have it in her lip gloss. It's a dark rose color and goes on completely opaque in just one coat. Not super moisturizing but it lasts for hours without coming off. You can buy it here


The first one in the next picture is Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick in "Anarchy". I received this product in an Ipsy bag awhile back and I'm pretty much in love with it. It is the hottest pink lipstick I've ever seen in my life and one coat lasts the entire day. In fact, if you don't scrub the crap out of your lips before you go to bed, it is still there the next day. Found that out this morning. It goes on so smooth and is kind of shiny like a gloss. There's nothing bad to say about it and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it! I want to own every single color of the brand. Buy it here.
The middle is Sephora's Glossy Gloss in "Marquisette". I love it because it looks great over every color I have and I use it constantly. It makes any matte color look amazing and looks pretty cool by its self. Marquisette is a clear gloss with tons of gold glitter in it. You can buy it here.
Last but certainly not least is Julep's strawberry mint lip balm. I'm pretty sure every Julep Maven own's at least one of these, and if they don't, they want to. It's the perfect lip balm and it tastes amazing. It doesn't really have a color, but its got a little bit of shimmer and makes your lips super duper soft and silky. You can try to buy it here, but it's usually sold out.


So yeah, that is my arsenal of lip faves. I love each and every one of them, and you should too! :) What are your favorite lippies?? Any suggestions for plumping glosses?? Hot pink lip gloss is my favorite, so if anyone knows a hot hot pink plumper, I'm sold!

Xx Ashley C.

P.S. All of these products were purchased by me and picked by me to review based on my own opinion.

2 comments:

  1. The Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita is amazing! I went through that thing in literally a month. I need to get another one, stat! And seriously, strawberry mint lip balm by julep cannot be beat! I <3 it so much.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'll be following yours via bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! I love lolita!!! I actually love the lipgloss in that color more but it's so sticky my hair gets stuck to it in the car! lol :)
      Thanks for stopping by!!! I followed you too! :D

      Delete