Monday, March 3, 2014

Julep Maven March 2014 Unboxing & Review!

Today I received my March Julep box! This is the first time in awhile I've been overly excited to order my Julep colors. I'm a sucker for anything bright and anything green, so I quickly knew what colors I wanted!

For those of you who don't already know, Julep is a monthly subscription service that provides the latest nailpolish colors right to your door for as low as $19.99 a month. Every month they come out with four different sets of colors and a beauty product based on your style profile, which is a quiz that allows them to decide which color you'd like best. You can either pick between these four, or opt for their Modern Beauty box, which is contains no polish and awesome beauty items instead! They also let you upgrade to get the whole collection! Sign up right now and use code FREEBOX to get your first box for only the cost of shipping!
Julep Beauty Inc.

Now on to my box!!! For March 2014, Julep brought us "The Riviera Collection"; nine beautiful bright spring colors and lipglosses. For Modern Beauty they brought us the "Buff Lip Scrub" and "Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment". 
My style according to Julep's style profile is "Bombshell", which is the box I chose this month! Take their quiz HERE to see what yours is! :)

My March box contained:
Monaco - Dazzling Mariner Blue Creme (Pantone color of the year for Spring 2014)
Julep Lip Gloss in Fearless
Candy Cane Extra :)
Add ons:
Lizanne - Sea Green Shimmer
Tania - Multidimensional Mermaid Teal Glitter

Now, I usually don't get add ons, but I had to have these colors! I don't have any swatches of Lilou for you today, because I am thinking about selling or trading it, because I already have something similar, but here are the others!
I love LOVE LOVE Monaco. It's the perfect blue creme for spring and summer. I can't get enough blue polishes. And Lizanne is great too! Personally, I don't really see any "shimmer" once it is on, its more like a bright teal cream, but beautiful nonetheless! I used Tania as an accent over Lizanne.
In the bottle, Tania reminded me of Julep's Esmerelda, so I decided to do a comparison photo to see what the difference was. Esmerelda is one of my favorite Julep's I own.
The glitters in them seem to be very similar in color, but Tania has an opalescent base color that completely changes the color of the base nail polish. I'm interested to try it on it's own, but that's for another day!
Here's a swatch of the lippie I chose. It will be great for the spring and summer. It's a beautiful hot pink shimmer gloss that makes my lips shiny and fuller. I love it and can't wait to use it over a pink or red lipstick!
I love Julep's new glosses because they smell and taste super good and aren't overly sticky!

So that's my box! Like I said if you're not signed up for Julep already, definitely check them out! They have some great products as well as polish, and I'm sure you will be JUST as addicted as I am!
If you are signed up, which box did you get this month??? Love it or hate it?

Julep Beauty Inc.
Xx Ashley C.

No comments:

Post a Comment