Keep reading to see my faves!
- Sephora Waterproof Cream Smoky Liner - I have used this product for as long as I can remember. I love it because for the most part it really is waterproof, and it stays on my eyes all day and days there after if I don't remove it. :P It's super easy to work with and makes it really easy to do winged eyeliner and I think it looks better than liquid. Before this I used MAC gel liner, and this is definitely a budget friendly alternative to it at only $12.00!
- Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint - I love this palette! It's my alternative to the Naked palette that Chynel posted. That will be next for sure. :) Anyway, this palette is great for neutral work eyes. It's got 8 great shimmery colors that are super blendable and nice and buttery. Some of mine I've hit pan on I use it so often. Apparently it came with a eyeliner pencil originally, but I lost mine. I remember that eyeliner being really good too. My favorites are Downtown (pearlized champagne), Sunny (pearlized gold), and Pray for me (pearlized Taupe). This is a Sephora exclusive and for $36 it is a nice, cheaper alternative to the Naked Palettes.
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells - When I'm not using my Kat Von D eyeshadow, I'm usually using this trio. I bought it for a mere $2 at Walgreens on sale and it's awesome. I don't usually love drugstore eyeshadows and only own a couple of them, but these trios really stand out. They are highly pigmented and blend beautifully. This trio is neutral and great for work eyeshadow, and I like that they are labelled for where you are supposed to use them for beginners. I definitely recommend picking some of these Wet N Wild shadows up if you're looking for something cheap that will really make your makeup look flawless!
- Elf Eyelid Primer - For only $1 this product is a must have! It is my cheaper alternative to Urban Decay eyelid primer and works very similarly. The color matches well with my skintone and it keeps my eyeshadow in place all day. I see no creasing what so ever when I use this primer. The only downside is that it seems to run out pretty quickly, but otherwise I love this product!
- Elizabeth Mott It's so Big Mascara - This is one of the products that I fell in love with through Ipsy. I received a sample a few months ago and it is amazing. Chynel doesn't love it but she is super picky about mascara. I see a HUGE difference in volume when I use it, and it's great for layering. Every layer you add on makes your lashes bigger and bigger and bigger and there is no clumping whatsoever. I also don't see any yucky fall out when I use this mascara! It cost $19.99 and is totally worth it. Thank you Ipsy!
- Benefit They're Real Mascara - Another must have mascara is They're Real by Benefit. This mascara makes your eyelashes look HUGE, and I absolutely love the brush. It helps separate your lashes and makes the product go on super evenly and I love it. My lashes look HUGE whenever I use this. Sometimes I even use it on my falsies to give them a more dramatic effect. This is the best mascara in the world, hands down. It runs around $23 and I saw a package at Ulta where for the price of one you get a full size and a mini, perfect for travel!
- Ardell False Eyelashes - If you haven't noticed I love anything and everything that makes my eyes really stand out. Ardell false eyelashes are key for this. They are my favorite brand of eyelashes, and with proper care they can be used time and time again. They have tons of varieties and run between $3-$5 which is pretty cheap for quality lashes. I definitely recommend picking a bunch of different types up if you want to play with your eye makeup. They're durable, and made of human hair, which makes them look much more natural than the cheaper synthetic ones. I love love love them!
- Mac Carbon eyeshadow - This is hands down the best black eyeshadow in the world. I've had mine forever, and it lasts forever because you hardly have to use any since it's so pigmented. It is the perfect matte black. This is the perfect color for a cut crease look or even smoky eyes for a night out. You can use it wet or dry and you can even use it for an eyeliner with the right brush and application, if you don't like using regular eyeshadow. I recently re-fell in love with this product, and have been doing cut creases and black out eyes all the time. Buy it for $15 and love it forever.
- Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil - I use this every day around my eyebrows after I apply my brow pencil instead of concealer, on my brow bones, and sometimes when I contour. This highlighter is another product I received through Ipsy and totally changed my makeup routine. It's the perfect highlighter without any shimmer what so ever and really makes your makeup stand out! This color is for people with light skin tone, and even though I'm more of a light/medium I find it really works for me. They carry darker shades though for different skin tones as well. Pick it up for $18 or maybe you'll get lucky and get it through Ipsy or Birchbox!
- Chella Eyebrow color pencil - This is yet ANOTHER Ipsy product and I just ran out unfortunately. I've been trying to find a cheaper alternative, but it is impossible. It is the best brow pencil by far, and what I love most about it is that it's an automatic pencil, so you never have to worry about sharpening a stupid pencil. I hate sharpening. I originally had it in dark brown, but next time I will probably step down a shade. Either way it makes your eyebrows look amazing! Unlike some cheaper versions, it doesn't really smudge and lasts all day. That way your eyebrows don't end up looking wacky by the end of the day!I love Chella's brow line. It's awesome you should definitely check it out. These pencils cost $18 and I swear they will change your eyebrow life!!
Hope you enjoyed my post! Look for Chynel's Top Ten Nail polish post that I'm sure will be posted next!
Happy Christmas Eve!
Xx Ashley C.